Need Legal Help with a Green Card?

San Diego, CA, Immigration Law
Get StartedLearn More

If you are seeking a lawyer’s help with permanent residence in U.S., we can assist you with Green Card Application (Form I-485) or Replacement (Form I-90).

NOTE: for questions about green card eligibility, please check the UCSIS website.


Green Card Replacement: When to Use Form I-90

Most people use Form I-90 to renew their green card, but other typical reasons to replace a green card include:


  • If your card was issued but never received
  • If your card was lost, stolen or destroyed
  • If your card was issued but never received
  • If your card has been significantly damaged
  • If your card includes incorrect data
  • If your name or other biographic information has since receiving your card been legally changed
  • If you have reached your 14th birthday and are registering as required

Are You a Conditional Permanent Resident?

Certain exceptions do apply to conditional permanent residents. In this case, you may only use Form I-90 to replace a green card.

Conditional permanent residents who want to renew their status or remove the conditions of their residence should not use Form I-90. There are two possibilities for conditional permanent residents with expiring green cards:

Form I-751
If you became a conditional permanent resident through marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and your conditional status is expiring within the next 90 days, file Form I-751 – Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

Questions? Contact Gallagher Krich, APC, using the easy online form below.

Form I-829

If you became a conditional resident based on a financial investment in a U.S. business, file Form I-829 – Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions. Questions? Use our online form below.

Contact the Immigration Lawyers at Gallagher Krich, APC

For assistance with filing your Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, or other questions in navigating the citizenship process, use the form below or email us at “immigration [at]“.

We seek the best possible results for you & your family.

Once you reach us, we will take a close look at your specific green card situation and can help to identify your rights and legal options.

Please contact us online or via email for further information and assistance!

Our Team Has 30+ Years of Combined Experience

Are you ready to take the next step?

Our lawyers are ready to help. Contact us today with your questions.

(858) 926-5797

Questions? Call Us

3033 5th Ave., Suite 222

San Diego, CA 92103