You’re injured at work… Now what?
- Notify your supervisor immediately about the injury.
- File an accident report in the time frame given by the state. If you fail to respect the deadline, you lose your rights to workers’ compensation. Keep in mind that reporting an incident also covers you for symptoms that can appear weeks after the accident.
- Consult a doctor as soon as possible, or, if it is the case, go to the emergency room. Once you report the incident, even if it is not a serious injury, the employer needs to make sure you get all of the necessary medical attention.
- Follow up with your employer to make sure the insurance company was contacted and the workers’ compensation was claimed for you.
- Consult an attorney who has experience in handling work-related injury cases, and who could also advise you during a personal injury claim.